“Three minutes is all beauty should ever take”, once said Estée Lauder. So Estée Stories put UK blogger, model and ultimate jetsetter, Tia Ward, to the test by showing us how to put our game face on in three minutes—in the back of a cab.
Let's talk about Tia. Blogger, vlogger, model, voyager, she sets herself apart from the rest in many ways. Coming from a veritably unique genetic pool (her global background incorporates Indian, Caribbean, European and West Indian origins), she has one green eye and one brown and a carefree joie-de-vivre that is totally contagious. Her Instagram account (@misstpw) documents her globetrotting, sharing her travel, lifestyle, fashion and beauty tips along the way: "I finished uni [college] and I knew I didn't want to work for anyone else! People would ask me so many questions on Instagram about beauty or styling advice, so I decided to get myself a camera and go about answering them". And so began Tia’s love affair with social media, at which, by the way, she is a pro: "The best selfies are taken in natural light”, she asserts with fervor. “My favorite place is right by a window, so you're flooded with gorgeous light, even if it's grey outside”. She goes on to instruct: “Work out what your best side is. The whole point of a selfie is to capture the most flattering angles of your face so have a play and get to know them". Her preferred filter? The warm, skintone-enhancing Valencia. Just FYI.
Three minutes is all beauty should ever take.
To know her considered approach at photo-taking is to also understand her second-hand nature at nailing the right beauty look. If there is one thing Tia knows how to do well, it's beauty on-the-go. "My schedule is hectic”, she explains. “So, I do find myself having to run from meetings straight to my evening plans. I get caught doing my touchups in the backseat of a cab more than I'd like to admit!" So here it is: how to get ready in the back of a cab in less than three minutes. Cool London black taxi optional…
The Three Minute Make-Up Challenge:
- Leave the house with skin moisturized, prepped and ready for make-up.
T Minus Three:
- Apply your base using Double Wear Makeup To Go (Tia uses shade Honey Bronze). The compact is really hygienic because you don’t need to get your fingers in the product. One pump is usually enough for the whole face and use the sponge included to apply.
- Pat Perfectionist Youth-Infusing Brightening Serum and Concealer under the eye with fingers, so it warms up and spreads evenly as you apply.
- Take a light dusting of bronzer (Bronze Goddess Powder Bronzer) andapply it where the sun would naturally hit the face (e.g. cheekbones, down the bridge of nose and across the chin).
The best selfies are taken in natural light
T Minus Two:
- Using Double Wear Stay-In-Place Brow Lift Duo, brush brows up first with the brush end of the pencil, and then sketch in your brows using the fine nib. Be sure to do this part when the cab is at a standstill in traffic or at a light!
- It’s important to just do a really quick flash of mascara when in a cab—don’t try to overload it too much or you are prone to mistakes. Tia uses Sumptuous Infinite Mascara in Black.
T Minus One:
- Finally… The lip! A quick swipe of the top and bottom lip in Pure Color Envy Sculpting Lipstick in Tumultuous Pink. One coat is all you need to apply and go.
For more Three Minute beauty advice, head down to your nearest Estée Lauder counter and discover quick, time-saving tips and tricks, on us.
Shop the Story
Afiseaza detalii >>
Afiseaza detalii >>